Policy and guidelines
Convention Guidelines and General Information
Unless worded in italics, we offer up the majority of the information here to merely act as a reasonable and sensible guide to make this event run smoothly and safely.
All tickets sold are for your voluntary contribution towards the cost of putting on this 'non profit' making event. Any monies left over from the event will go towards making the event better or the hopeful arrangement of any subsequent event. Admins reserve the right to proceed in anyway deemed appropriate and fair.
- Tickets you purchase are deemed for you and the people added to the entry form. A week before the event we will ask you to fill in the names of all the people attending. In the event that one or more can't attend, please feel free to transfer to another person. We do not accept refunds but we do allow you to sell it to someone else. We would request email notification of the change, so we can amend our records and adapt the specific e-ticket.
- The ticket price does NOT include the processing fee from Eventbrite per transaction and/or other supplementary fees. In the event of a cancellation, it is most likely that any fees paid would be non refundable, unless this is part of Eventbrite refund strategy. It works out to be around 5% to 6.5% of the ticket price, depending on the package chosen. You can also buy a ticket directly from us via bank transfer or paypal without eventbrite, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With limited number of ticket on offer, to provide a fair chance to everyone to purchase tickets, we have set a limit of 10 in any one transaction. Where more than 10 are required, please write in to admin so we can look at this in more detail.
- All names are only required for safety purposes and the email addresses are only there to allow us to inform the originator of any significant changes to the event. We can assure you that the information would remain safe and would never be used for onerous reasons. We will use this list arrange the ticket allocation list.
However, it's unlikely but we may write to you at a later time with future events on this or a similar theme. Please email the office if you wish event admin to remove you from this option, we would always respect your wishes.
- Our method to contact would be via email (email@example.com) and the closed Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/FEConventionAmsterdam/). Please be aware that your email filter settings may treat our emails as spam or direct them to your junk folder. When practical we would also aim to update a website newsletter, but Facebook is our preferred approach. We can email anyone now in Facebook.
- An order for tickets is not complete untill accepted by us. We try to ensure all prices are accurate, but errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of tickets you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible. We may have to cancel the order (in which case you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid) or give you the option of confirming your order at the correct price.
- Always check your transaction upon receipt and advise us promptly of any errors. We would always aim to correct any mistakes when the ordering process is undertaken.
- We have a maximum allocation of 250 tickets per day. When we reach the respective limits we would post that the event is 'sold out' on the Website and also notify attendees via Facebook, You Tube and Twitter. We appreciate that some people would still like to be considered for a ticket, so we aim to hold a reserve list. If tickets are subsequently offered up for transfer, we would aim to help facilitate the process for both parties.
- Before you finalize your booking, please read all the information that applies to the event and/or ticket. If you or any member of your party has particular requirements please raise these when booking.
Change request can be notified leading up to the event start, we recommend to check the website before and during the event. Changes will be announced at the Latest NEWS section but on the day of the event start we cannot guarantee that requirements can be dealt with.
• We request that you take note of the programme times
• We may have to amend programme times and the speaker timetable. We would aim to update everyone with the planned programme arrangements.
• A private Facebook page has been put together for anyone attending or contributing to the convention. The aim is for the facebook group is solely used to allow admin to update everyone
on the latest event updates and for people to be able to connect with fellow attendees due at the event. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/FEConventionAmsterdam/)
Attending the event
- The various Registrations will aim to take place at the following times:
- 27 September 2019 commences at 19.00h – 22:00h
- 28 September 2019 commences at 9:30h – 18:00h (registration starts at 8am)
- 29 September 2019 commences at 09:30h - 18:00h (registration starts at 8:30am)
- You will receive an e-ticket in your email. Bring this to the event (print or digital copy) registration will be done via a name list but in case of issues we can ask for your ticket.
- Admission to the event has been deemed agreeable to all concerned and you would behave in a civilized manner. If we or the venue feel that you are acting in a manner unsuitable to the establishment, we may have to request that you leave for an appropriate period of time. This could be up to the remainder of the event. We reserve the right to deny access to the event, and most likely without compensation.
- It is not allowed to place any stickering on the walls in the venue, all damage will be charged to you by the venue and you will be removed from the event. We will NOT allow any activism inside the venue building, attendees will be removed from the building.
- The front row seats are reserved for core and speakers (ROW A) All other rows are on a first come first served basis.
- We are aiming to film and record the event for webinar purposes and for future use. Buying a ticket confirms your consent to the filming and sound recording of yourself as a member of the audience. If you have any objection please contact us prior the event or a member of the admin team on the weekend.
- There will be NO press passes given, any press attending has bought an entrance ticket just like everyone else.
We will always try to take appropriate action to respect your wishes. We have no objections to photos being taken, as long as it doesn't affect the presenters or those around you.
- We are unfortunately unable to take any responsibility whatsoever for any 3rd party actions or involvement. This may include; loss, theft or damage of any kind suffered. In most cases we would refer you to the venue team, but we would always endeavour to support you when we can.
Cancellation, Change or Postponement of the Convention
- Decisions to change or cancel the event would only take place in extreme circumstances. In this instance we would respectively request your assistance whilst we try to remedy the situation. Please regularly check Facebook, Twitter and in these extreme circumstances we would aim to make an announcement on the website.
- It is possible that one or more speakers have to change between now and next September. Where possible, we would always try to replace with someone else, but in some circumstances this may be beyond our capabilities.
- If the event is rescheduled, changed or moved, the team will usually give you the option of either retaining or exchanging your tickets for the new date/location, or alternatively claiming a refund. A full refund would follow any cancellation. Please note that the eventbrite fees would only take place if this is their policy. We have no jurisdiction over this, but would always work hard to avoid this situation.